DALLAS – September 29, 2023 – Granite Properties, a commercial real estate investment, development, and management company, and Highwoods Properties, a publicly-traded (NYSE:HIW) real estate investment trust (“REIT”), today announced the opening of Granite Park 6. The highly amenitized, 19-story, 422,109 square foot Class-AA office destination offers an elevated employee experience. Located at 5525 Granite Parkway, it is the seventh office development in Granite Park, Granite’s 90-acre mixed-use development. Current Granite Park Three customer, Stonebriar Commercial Finance, will move their two-floor headquarters to Granite Park 6 in December 2023.
Granite Park 6 is designed by BOKA Powell with modern interiors by HKS Architects. General contractor, Austin Commercial, kicked off construction on Granite Park 6 in December 2021, topping out in October 2022, and delivering the building on schedule.
“Granite Park 6 is a destination, offering the next generation of office space in Granite Park. Every detail, from the architecture to the amenities, is designed to energize and excite companies and their employees, drawing them to the office,” said Will Hendrickson, Senior Managing Director, Granite Properties. “We’re thrilled to deliver Granite Park 6 with our partner Highwoods Properties. We continue to see demand for high-quality, highly amenitized, and well-located office buildings, and Granite Park 6 represents that,” he added.
“Highwoods is thrilled to deliver Granite Park 6 and be a partner on such an innovative, hospitality-driven workspace,” said Ted Klinck, President and Chief Executive Officer, Highwoods Properties. “The Granite team has done an excellent job cultivating a highly desirable, commute-worthy environment in Granite Park that addresses the unique needs of a vibrant BBD. Granite Park 6 only strengthens that appeal with an intentionally designed workplace that revolves around the customer experience to enhance an established and elite address.”
Designed for LEED Silver and Fitwel certifications, Granite Park 6 offers a variety of inviting and innovative spaces and experiences that foster collaboration, meaningful connections, learning, productivity, and relaxation. Amenities are accessible to everyone working in Granite Park, and include:
- An arrival experience unlike any other building in Dallas-Fort Worth featuring:
- a high-end, two-story porte-cochère connecting the office building to the six-story parking garage, which has EV charging stations and bike parking.
- a two-story hospitality driven lobby with curated piano music, a market café, and a three-story monumental staircase connecting to the lecture hall.
- A 150-seat lecture hall – a first of its kind in Plano – offering theater-style seating along with three conference rooms. The lecture hall has capabilities to host and broadcast lectures, training, corporate and community events.
- A sixth-floor landscaped amenity terrace connecting to a fitness studio, indoor customer lounge, and golf simulator. The amenity terrace and customer lounge are equipped with TVs and Wi-Fi.
- Contactless smart card access throughout the building as well as hands-free entry doors, and hands-free fixtures in restrooms.
- A destination dispatch elevator system, which people can summon via a mobile app for a hands-free experience.
- 14-ft slab-to-slab for an abundance of natural light.
- Clean air technology in the building’s HVAC system.
- Organized social activities, charity efforts, and professional development events through Granite’s signature customer engagement program, TogetherWeConnect.
- Six Ready Suites ranging from 1,500 – 3,700 square feet. These suites are Granite’s fully constructed workspace solutions for companies looking to move-in quickly.
Granite Park 6 is the tallest building in Granite Park, and the tallest multi-customer office tower north of Interstate 635. It acts as the eastern anchor to Granite Park and is highly visible from both Sam Rayburn Highway and the North Dallas Tollway. Simplifying commutes, it’s surrounded by residential communities where top talent resides. In addition, Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is just a 20-minute ride away.
Granite Park offers 2.3 million square feet of mixed-use development, including five LEED Certified Class-A office buildings, walkable shops, restaurants, The Boardwalk at Granite Park, and a Hilton hotel. Highly successful, Granite Park One-Five are 92 percent leased.
Highwoods is Granite’s joint venture equity partner for Granite Park 6. Granite’s leasing team, Robert Jimenez, Burson Holman and Elizabeth Fortado, is leasing Granite Park 6.
About Granite Properties
Granite Properties is a privately held commercial real estate investment, development and management company founded in 1991. The firm owns 12 million square feet of high-quality office space in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Denver, Southern California, Boston and Nashville. Granite is an established investor, developer, and manager with a focus on sustainable, highly amenitized projects. It has completed more than $10.3 billion in real estate transactions and more than 30 million square feet of real estate development and acquisitions. Current active development projects in Atlanta, Boston, and Dallas total over 2 million square feet with total costs over $1.5 billion. Granite focuses on creating extraordinary customer experiences through mixed-use environments, rich amenities, customer-centric service, and innovative wellness features. Granite, NAIOP’s 2022 Developer of the Year, was named one of Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces nine times, ranking #8 on their 2022 Best Workplaces in Real Estate list. For more information, visit: graniteprop.com.
About Highwoods Properties
Highwoods Properties, Inc., headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina is a publicly-traded (NYSE:HIW) real estate investment trust (“REIT”) and a member of the S&P MidCap 400 Index. The Company is a fully integrated office REIT that owns, develops, acquires, leases and manages properties primarily in the best business districts (BBDs) of Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh, Richmond and Tampa. These markets are highly energized and amenity-rich workplace locations that enhance our customer’s ability to attract and retain talent. Highwoods is in the work-placemaking business. We believe that by creating environments and experiences where the best and brightest can achieve together what they cannot apart, we can deliver greater value to our customers, and in turn, our stakeholders. For more information about Highwoods, please visit our website at www.highwoods.com.