Dallas, TX – April 11, 2018 – Granite Properties, a commercial real estate investment, development and management company, has kicked off a multi-city “Lunch & Learn” program focused on wellness. The program is part of TogetherWeConnect, a platform created to foster community among Granite customers (office tenants) through philanthropic and professional development events.
To address the rapidly changing world of office space, Granite is strengthening its innovative services and amenities to offer hospitality-driven work environments to its customers. These efforts contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the people who work in their buildings, which in turn supports companies in managing, attracting and retaining talent from four generations of workers.
“As an office-building owner, Granite’s main focus is to inspire people to flourish through the places we create. TogetherWeConnect and the Lunch & Learns are part of a larger effort to utilize our space to create a sense of community and inspire the people who work in our buildings to be their best and most productive self,” said Will Hendrickson, Managing Director, Granite Properties.
Recognizing the link between wellness and productivity, Granite is providing easy access to experiences that allow for personal growth and development. The Lunch & Learns offer programming and tools customers can use to feel good and be happy at work. Partnering with local wellness leaders, Granite buildings in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Denver and Southern California will offer a wide variety of topics covering physical and emotional health, including:
- The fundamentals of mindfulness and meditation taught by Kevin Foresman, co-owner of Massage Integration and Health Reconnection.
- Nutrition 101 taught by Sports Performance powered by EXOS, a Children’s Health Andrews Institute program.
- In-office exercise and stretching taught by Gunnar Thelander, CEO of Massage Kneads and Wellness.
- Nutrition and healthy eating taught by Dr. Serge Gregoire, of Mind and Body Solutions, a holistic wellness center.
- Mindful moving meditation to help refocus at work taught by Deanna Rasch, a T’ai Chi Chih instructor.
- Organizational skills, time management and staying calm taught by Heather Rogers, of Simply Organized and author of “A Simplified Life.”
- Aromatherapy in the workplace taught by Laura Kirangi, founder of Oil Philosophy.
- Mindfulness, meditation and stress relief taught by Laurie Cousins, a certified mindfulness facilitator.
- Healthy nutrition taught by Susan Pugach, a certified clinical nutritionist and founder of the OC Nutritionist.
“At Granite, we believe that when people are fulfilled they are more successful. It’s why we developed TogetherWeConnect and initiatives like the Lunch & Learns that offer tools to help our customers achieve personal fulfillment and professional growth,” said Debby Hanson, Director of TogetherWeConnect.
TogetherWeConnect organizes four philanthropic and professional development events per year. Through Strike Out Hunger it gave customers an opportunity to pack 8,500 snack boxes for local Boys & Girls Clubs. Through Silver Bells customers packed and gift-wrapped personal care packages to surprise local low-income senior care facilities for the holidays. In collaboration with Southern Methodist University Cox Executive Education in Dallas, Granite brought a leadership and strategic thinking class called “The Changing Workplace: Leadership for the Future” exclusively to customers at Granite Park.
About Granite Properties
Granite Properties is a privately held commercial real estate investment, development and management company founded in 1991, with offices in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Denver and Southern California. It has completed more than $6.1 billion in real estate transactions and more than 26 million square feet of real estate development and acquisitions. Granite focuses its expertise, business approach and financial resources to help their customers, communities and their people to flourish through the places they create. Granite has been named as one of FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces for six consecutive years.