DALLAS – August 12, 2020 – Granite Properties, a commercial real estate investment, development and management company, has launched “Inspire Wellness,” a $10 million comprehensive program to enhance the health and safety of its office buildings and new development projects in response to the pandemic. As part of the “Inspire Wellness” initiative, Granite has retrofitted touchless fixtures, installed UV lighting and is integrating Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) technology to continuously purify the air across Granite’s office properties and new developments in Dallas, Houston, Denver, Atlanta and Southern California.
“The Granite team has spent the last several months researching and incorporating technology solutions and design updates to make meaningful, long-term improvements to the safety and health of our office building communities. Our comprehensive ‘Inspire Wellness’ program is designed to boost the wellness and productivity of our customers and help mitigate today’s Covid-19 and the spread of future viruses,” said Greg Fuller, President & COO, Granite Properties.
One of “Inspire Wellness’s” lead initiatives is integrating NPBI, a safe, ozone-free and active air purification solution by Global Plasma Solutions, to all HVAC systems. NPBI produces high concentrations of positive and negative ions that travel continuously through the air and attach to harmful pathogens, like bacteria, mold and viruses, including Covid-19. The ions inactivate pathogens by disrupting the surface proteins and destroy its ability to replicate. A recent independent study conducted by Innovative Bioanalysis and designed for GPS aviation partner, Aviation Clean Air, showed that GPS NPBI reduced SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) by 99.4% in 30 minutes.
Granite is combining NPBI technology with its existing HVAC filtration systems, which has demonstrated equivalency of a MERV 13 filter or higher — meeting or exceeding the ASHRAE standards for fighting Covid-19, and creating a higher air quality similar to most hospital standards.
“Inspire Wellness” places the wellbeing of Granite’s customers at the heart of the buildings, and includes the following health and safety measures:
- Touchless restroom fixtures, including touchless flush, faucets, soap dispensers, paper as well as foot operated door openers
- Self-cleaning Nano Septic skins on high-touch surfaces on the entry and restroom doors and in elevators
- Bipolar Ionization in elevators portfolio-wide
- UV lighting in all air unit coils of HVAC units
- Maximized fresh air supply
- Regular communication with customers via customer surveys to address concerns
- The constantly updated Granite’s Guide to Re-Entry – available at https://graniteprop.com/returning-to-granite/ explaining protocols for enhanced sanitation, social distancing, PPE, elevator capacity, entry and exit from the buildings, air quality, shared amenity spaces, and more
- Signage throughout the buildings advising customers of the new protocols
- Outdoor workspaces at many Granite buildings called THE YARD, offering a variety of seating options for work meetings or a quiet space to focus
Granite Properties owns and manages more than 10 million square feet of office properties in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Denver and Southern California. Granite is an established investor and developer across the U.S., with a focus on high-quality build-to-core projects. Granite is currently working on mixed development projects valued at over $1 billion in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Houston and Nashville.
About Granite Properties
Granite Properties is a privately held commercial real estate investment, development and management company founded in 1991, with offices in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Denver and Southern California. It has completed more than $7 billion in real estate transactions and more than 27.1 million square feet of real estate development and acquisitions. Granite focuses on creating extraordinary customer experiences in each building through mixed-use environments rich in amenities and customer-centric service to help people flourish. Granite, a NREI Top Office Owner, has been named as one of FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces for eight consecutive years. For more information, visit www.graniteprop.com